All that you wanted to know

It Is All I Ever Wanted To Say.... :)

Every time these high school results are published, I find a particular sector of people speaking against engineering. I just wanted to pen a few thoughts of mine down.
IS ENGINEERING A WRONG CHOICE?
Definitely no, and in fact I guess even the others would agree to it at some point of time. Engineering is a popular choice frankly. This popularity which should have been a boon, became a bane. Lots of people opt for engineering at the end of schooling leading to increase in the number of engineers overall. Rightly pointed out, they end up in IT sector and criticise that engineering didn't give them the right jobs. 
Agreed, but was engineering your cue card?
This reminds me of my photography skills.  I don't take  a proper snap even with my galaxy series phone. How would it be if I said none should take up photography because it ruins one's life. That's madness, ain't it? Right then stop badmouthing engineering too. It is my passion. Saying that it would ruin people's life, is hurting my belief. Look and I don't look at photographers and badmouth photography. I respect them because they can do stuffs that I simply can't. Can't we expect the same in return?
And you know what? Anywhere except India, say that you are an engineer. People would look at you with such respect. That respect is because they know the fact that Indians are good at mathematics and engineering needs maths. The reputation stands true when you see the pool of scientists and researchers all over the world.
In the right institutions, you do see people like they show in TV shows. The nerds, who do coding, sketch vehicles, cry in frustration when their ideas fail, laugh in happiness when they get their outputs, who brag about the articles read on the internet. Lastly, who visualise a world, that is way beyond the understanding of a non-science person. In the right places who can see people 'play' with science. In the right places.
And by the way when they speak of passion at the end of doctoral speech, or any such event, do you think they are just repeating a classic story? Definitely no! People who spend four-five years of their life, away from their homes, doing nothing except think about a single topic, an issue or a problem? You can only do that if you love the field. 
Or else you will suffer.
Putting a bigger story in a shorter sense, yes the number of engineers in India is high. There is no scope unless you are absolutely perfect.
But is that what you want to do? Do you find any other loophole that can showcase your passion to the world?
If yes, go for it.
If not, then follow the same way. Join the popular college, take the course that's your passion. Remember everyone walks on the same path: Thus what you do makes a difference, not where you walk.
Lastly, Engineering is NOT a scapegoat! Be one or don't be, we don't have to beg anyone for this profession, we have surplus, thanks.  But please do not bad mouth Engineering. Our work is our religion, we worship it.
Praying that true passionate budding engineers do not get misguided,
Truly,
A passionate Automotive Engineer.
That's the Best of all I am, Best of all that I will be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

My Scribblings in the Best Presentable Way!!!!

Thank You :)

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
That it will never come again is what makes life more and more Interesting… It takes real good time to understand me.. And sometimes, Even people who understand me fail to get whatever I mean… For people who don’t know about me, I’m A fun-loving, friendly, Optimistic, Jovial, Out-going girl… Sometimes shy when the whole crowd is new…. But I get along with people very soon….. I have a lot of friends who consider me an important part of their life… I cheer up people very easily when they are sad…. I like Indian culture.. I Like analyzing characters… Emotions and Science are what I consider awesome Books are My best buddies...... i Read a hell lot of them...... Some of my friends think I can be a good listener… I can listen patiently… But even I can talk a lot… Its hard to get under my skin.. I always find out what people are upto very easily... I don intend to But it doesnot get out of my view I’m not very caring, Very friendly and all but I’m very naughty… My mood swings a lot… And finally, what matters is What U Know About Me And Not What U Read Over Here :)

Followers

Search This Blog